Keep up to date with our
latest works and insights
Lead Generation and The Laws of Attraction
“Lead Generation refers to the creation of prospective customers interest or inquiries on your online business.”
Developing an Internet marketing strategy that includes a strong focus on attracting leads to your site is essential to the ongoing success of your online business.
Many business owners can find themselves overwhelmed and bewildered when starting out with online marketing. With so many options and little time to spare, their online marketing often falls by the wayside, leaving their tech-savvy competition to pick up their lost leads and sales.
So, today we're focusing on finding the right strategy that will work for your businesses niche and provide a nice constant stream of leads and sales.
So, where do you start?
Step One: Plan ahead.
You'll need to plan how you will attract new leads, convert your leads into sales and maximise the value of your leads even after a sale.
Things you should consider:
- Who is your target audience? Understanding your potential customers will give you a good idea of what they may be looking for and how you can effectively market to them.
- What are your competitors doing? How are they using digital marketing to reach their customers? What lead capture systems do they have in place?
- How much time to do you have? Are you going to do it yourself or hire someone to develop and manage your strategy?
- What's your marketing budget?
Once you have answered these questions you should have a good idea of what your prospective leads need and want. And what time frame and budget you can commit to.
Put time into the planning and implementation and your well-thought-out lead generating plan will set the foundation for how you attract, capture and keep happy customers.
Step Two: Attract Your Leads
There are numerous online marketing options (free and paid) that can funnel leads to your site, these include:
- Social Media Sites (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for starters)
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Video Marketing sites (including YouTube and Vimeo)
- Google Places listing
- Pay Per Click Advertising
- Online Directories
- Additional websites
- Social Bookmarking
- RSS Feeds
- PDF Marketing
- Article marketing
- Direct Marketing
Yep, there are a lot of choices out there. This is obviously where it can get a little tricky. With seemingly unlimited ideas and strategies, it can be difficult to break them down into one targeted marketing system that will work for your particular business.
For example, if you want to generate sales and web traffic then a combination of Pay Per Click and email marketing may suit you. That being said, most businesses have a variety of business objectives and audiences. Taking a variety of approaches and testing their effectiveness may be your best bet.
Whatever combinations you choose, remember to track the results and monitor their effectiveness. This will be covered in more detail later in this series.
Here at Indietech we understand that when running your own business finding time to set-up and run even a few of these strategies can take valuable time away from what you do best - running your business.
We've worked with numerous clients in a similar position. We've helped to develop many successful, targeted online campaigns for their particular business niche.
Just like we run our client's campaigns, your marketing efforts should focus on:
- Getting your business in front of your audience
- Ensuring you achieve a fast return on investment
- Getting you more sales-ready leads
- Improving customers and prospect communications
- And streamlining your sales processes
To find out more about how lead generation can fit into your overall online campaign, contact us.